- A Mathematician's Psalm
- Gene Chase
Praise You, O Lord, for inverse square laws
- By which You hold the earth to the sun
- And warm us just enough.
Praise You, O Lord, for the exponential function
- And its inverse the logarithm
- So pain does not double with pressure,
- But growth is proportional to capacity.
- Praise You, O Lord, for the continuity of creation.
- Cars don't break down in an instant without warning;
- Eyesight dims without sudden blackness;
- Memory and imagination link past and future with the present;
- Heaven is a prepared place for prepared people.
Praise ye the Lord.