An accidental blog

"If God is sovereign, then his lordship must extend over all of life, and it cannot be restricted to the walls of the church or within the Christian orbit." Abraham Kuyper Common Grace 1.1.

Monday 20 March 2006

Religion, culture, and cultural agency

Richard Greydanus of House at Pooh Corner fame has posted a paper he has written on Dooyeweerd's nature-grace groundmotive: 'Religion, culture, and cultural agency'. He questions the usefulness of the notion for teaching intellectual history.

Also on Richard's Writings website is a paper on Kuhn's Structure of Scientifc Revolutions.

1 comment:

rgrydns said...

Thank you linking to a couple of things I have written. I wrote the reflection on Dooyeweerd about a year and a half ago. Some of my views on the particulars have changed slightly. But I stand by the main argument.

As for the Kuhn, it's a bit of an embarrassment at this point. It is the draft of a presentation I gave a couple of weeks ago. As such, it is mostly composed of preliminary thoughts and hesitant suggestions. I am in the process of developing it into a full blown paper.