Friday, 16 December 2011
Job advert: Faith-in-scholarship
Do you believe that God calls people to all kinds of academic work and study? Are you excited by the potential of highly- educated Christians to transform culture in unique ways – both inside and outside the university?
WYSOCS is looking for a dynamic advocate of biblical worldviews to work with campus-based Christian postgraduate students’ groups in the north of England. The new support worker will liaise with student leaders, academics, local churches and chaplaincies to foster creative engagement with all kinds of disciplines and topics from a Christian perspective.
• have a postgraduate degree (preferably PhD or equivalent)
• can engage with and inspire academically-minded people
• have a vision for Christians transforming culture in the UK and overseas
• communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
• are self-motivated and enjoy working independently then WYSOCS wants to hear from you.
Please email Richard Gunton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is initially offered for one year on a part-time basis (1 or 2
days a week, to be agreed with the successful applicant).
Closing date: 31 January 2012
For more information, see www.wysocs.org.uk/faith-in-scholarship.php.
WYSOCS (the West Yorkshire School of Christian Studies) has 25 years’ experience helping Christians explore the power of faith in learning about every aspect of life.
A registered charity (no. 271987), it currently employs two part-time staff in Leeds.
at 6:01 pm