Professor Egbert Schuurman (1937 - ) is a professor of Reformational philosophy at the Universities of Delft and Eindhoven and at the Agricultural University of Waneningen in the Netherlands. He is also a member of the Senate of the Dutch parliament. He studied under Dooyeweerd and Van Riessen at the Free University in Amsterdam.
He is the author of :
- Technology and the Future: A Philosophical Challenge (Wedge, 1980)
- Perspectives on Technique and Culture
- Faith and Hope in Technology (Clements, 2003)
- The Technological World picture and an Ethics of responsibility: Strugles in the Ethics of Technology (Dordt, 2005)
An audio tape of Egbert speaking on the ethics of technology is available from WYSOCS.
On-line articles include:
- Beyond the empirical turn
- The ethics of technology
- Philosophical and technological problems of technicism and genetic engineering
Another on-line article is available here [HT Macht]
Another on the ethics of responsibility is here
Technorati Tags: Schuurman, philosophy of technology,