Saturday, 22 September 2018
Declaration on Sport and the Christian Life
From https://sportandchristianity.com/declaration/ for the declaration in full
These are the key points:
1. Sport has a legitimate place in the Christian life.
2. Sport touches all dimensions of human life.
3. Sport can be a means of spiritual formation.
4. Sport can glorify God.
5. Competition is an essential element of sport.
6. The true value of sport is inherent in the experience itself.
7. Sport has many benefits but they are conditional.
8. God created our bodies for His service and our enjoyment.
9. We do not control whether God favors one player or team over another.
10. Christian virtues are revealed in behaviors that go beyond obeying the rules.
11. Sport programs are a vital component of Christian education.
12. Sport is powerful.
at 11:23 am